Motions to Reopen Deportation Case

New Jersey Deportation Lawyer

Have you or a family member been removed even though you never went to a deportation or removal hearing? Has a family member been picked up by ICE (Immigration and Customs Enforcement)? Have you received notice of a deportation order against you?

An Experienced Deportation Lawyer Can Still Help

Even after a deportation or removal order, an experienced lawyer may be able to help you file a motion to reopen that order and have an Immigration Judge grant a new hearing for relief.

If you need advice from a deportation lawyer about how to reverse a deportation order, contact the New Jersey Deportation attorney Marc P. Feldman  at 973-267-7555 or by by email.

Get help from a deportation lawyer before you get picked up by ICE. Get legal advice about reopening your deportation/removal case as soon as there is an outstanding order.  If possible, do not wait until you are picked up by ICE. As soon as ICE begins to execute this order you will be physically removed from the United States.

When Can a Deportation Case Be Reopened?

There are three primary reasons which form the basis to reopen a case. To ask for reopening of a deportation or removal case, your lawyer must make a formal application to an Immigration Judge. The application to reopen the deportation/removal case must state that one or more of the following factors are true:

  1. The immigrant did not receive a formal notice of the deportation/removal hearings. This often happens when an unethical notary public (notario) uses his company’s address and then abandons the case. If the hearing proceeds without the immigrant being present, because the immigrant had no notice of the hearing, then an Immigration Judge can order the case reopened.
  2. Conditions in the applicant’s home country have changed, and it would be a serious hardship for the immigrant to return to their home country.
  3. Unusual circumstances exist such that the government’s trial lawyer will agree to reopen the deportation/ removal case even though neither of the above situations exists.

Contact immigration lawyer Marc P. Feldman through this Web site to schedule a consultation on immigration and naturalization laws pertaining to Immigration Court matters.

Comments are closed.